A diary of all my mad projects.

I am glad that you stopped by - welcome to my world. Its a little mad and hectic as I sew, knit, embroider and generally craft my way through life. My newest resolution is to spend more time sewing - less time dreaming about it. I love to read comments so I am looking forward to hearing from you all.




Sunday, October 28, 2012

Spring Days and UFO's

Rhododedron - Bumblebee 
Spring has finally arrived here with a wonderful warm sunny weekend.  Outside my kitchen window is this Rhodo and the bumble bees and bees have swarmed over it. I have been packing up the winter fabrics and sorting out some for summer.  I have a few special occasions to go to in the next few months, a wedding and a leaver's dinner.  The dinner is a happy and sad event, with Son 1 finishing school.  I am very proud of his achievements and the man he is growing into, he won an internship at NIWA for the summer and he is impatient to start his next stage of life.  He begins University next year with plans for Biomed Engineering.

While cleaning up the sewing area I found a UFO from Burda Plus Autumn/Winter 2011.  I used a wool knit from Global that has been in the stash for many a year.  The pattern (Size 22) was very simple to make and looks exactly like the photo.  The only thing I did not like was the darts - they are very straight and look odd on my body.  The next time I make this up I am thinking of eliminating the darts all together.
I have not packed it away with all the other winter woolies but will be on the hunt for some more knits to make this up again for next winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment