|Image from http://babylock.com/sergers/cover-stitch/|
|Close up showing the fabric strips chainstitched to lace.|
|The finished t-shirt which was fully constructed on the Coverstitch Machine.|
At home I was off searching for some quick and easy project! The Creative Cate from Style Arc seemed an obvious choice and combined with some odds and ends of knits worked a treat.
|Close up of the chainstitch|
Here it is in a very delicate silk knit from The Fabric Store which stitched up like a dream with the coverstitch. I had attempted to sew this last year and tossed it into a corner as it kept disappearing down the needleplate of the sewing machine.
I am impressed with the way I managed to get the pattern to join at the side seams!!
A final picture of me wearing the top - it is not such a good fabric to wear as it sticks to the body - but I loved the print and think the placement worked well.
On a roll I moved onto a few remnants from past projects - a silver and black polyester knit that has already proved itself as a wardrobe basic. But still thinking of passing it on as I am not sure that it is very flattering to my colouring - black is not such a good colour for me.
And finally out of a small left over which is a meaty slinky fabric with metallic geometric patterns. The photo does not do it justice, the pattern is made out of metallic paints that rest ontop of the knit and almost glow. I did not have much fabric so had to fold out of the middle to accomodate and recut the back neck line. The fabric is very stretchy but not enough for me. I badgered Alison to try it on and it was extremely flattering - although she was so taken with the pattern and had lots of ideas of where she could use it in her bags that I hope it remains as a top for a few outings!!!
Now that I have learnt to use the chainstitch function I am moving onto the two thread stitch on the overlocker. There are also a few more T-shirts planned using this method.