A diary of all my mad projects.

I am glad that you stopped by - welcome to my world. Its a little mad and hectic as I sew, knit, embroider and generally craft my way through life. My newest resolution is to spend more time sewing - less time dreaming about it. I love to read comments so I am looking forward to hearing from you all.




Friday, September 6, 2013

In love with 35





Foot number 35 is the Bernna Invisible Zip Foot and I am totally in love with it!  Last night I had three large cushions to make for the New Entrants Room.  They need to be able to washed so needed to have a zip or buttons to close.  I have a ifffy history with zips especially invisible ones so was reluctant to begun until I remembered buying this little beauty with my new Bernina.




I attached and programmed the machine and started.  It was a little difficult to get the teeth of the zip into the groove correctly but easy once you know how, the machine walks slowly opening the zip teeth stitching close.  The end result is a perfectly invisible zip in the seam.

Next time I will take the time to tack the zipper tape exactly where I want it as it had a tendency to move inwards.  I am now looking forward to a dress project with an invisible zip - I can't believe I said that!!

The final result...





The cushions were wonderfully received by the children and will make the library corner a popular space.  And I am happy as I used up some stash helping in the sewing room tidy up.













No comments:

Post a Comment