A diary of all my mad projects.

I am glad that you stopped by - welcome to my world. Its a little mad and hectic as I sew, knit, embroider and generally craft my way through life. My newest resolution is to spend more time sewing - less time dreaming about it. I love to read comments so I am looking forward to hearing from you all.




Tuesday, August 11, 2015

NISM2015

 Penny, Carolyne, Sandra, Sara, Trish, Toni, JacquiJulietRobyn, Helen,KateKateSandraKirsty, Nikki and Mel   Photo courtesy of Mel.

NISM2015 finally arrived and I packed the car up with far too many projects, machines and cake.  So eager was I to get there I arrived far too early!!!  The Arts Village, in Rotorua, was new to me so I enjoyed the time to check it all out and met the volunteers who run it.

Mel and Sandra turned up and it was all go. Lots of sewing, shopping, gossiping and eating ensured.  I was fortunate to room with the lovely Robyn who had a neat dress and skirt that I need so more pattern buying!  In fact a feature of this weekend was seeing close up many of the independent patterns that I had been wondering about.  I love the Muse Gillian Dress and can see myself making that up soon.

Next time I will be more organised and cut out a few more earlier than the night before!!! I cut out two Style Arc Anne long sleeve T-shirts. I also brought my bomber jacket, Pamela's Patterns Magic Pencil Skirt both of which were unfinished.  I completed the Anne T-shirt in a beautiful french viscose knit from Emmaonesock and the Pencil skirt.

Style Arc Anne T-shirt without the gathers and The magic pencil skirt.

Styled for work 

I have worn both items and love them both so win.  I have my sewmojo back and am now thinking about a spring wardrobe.

6 comments:

  1. What a fun time with sewing friends and such a striking outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs Mole I now need to make some more!!

      Delete
  2. Great outfit! :)
    I really wish I could have been there to meet you all - it sounds like it was such a fun weekend! Hopefully next time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Macska maybe NISM2016 it was fun and productive too - although maybe the long list of new patterns I know need is not so good for the bank account. They are now on the wish list!

      Delete
  3. You look so stylish and happy! I'm so glad you got to do this! Isn't it wonderful to spend time with soul-mates who enjoy the same things.

    You've inspired me to get back into sewing gear and blog about it. I have been lax in the blogging dept for several months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri - you are an inspiration to me, I will enjoy reading more from you.

      Delete